Edited by James A. Frank
With more than 75,000 copies sold, the CMC Rope Rescue Manual has become the standard reference for many departments and rope rescue training programs. The manual reflects what we have learned through more than 39 years of responding to rescues and teaching thousands of students. Now in its revised fifth edition, the manual has been updated to include the most current products and techniques. The extensive use of illustrations and step-by-step procedures help the reader to develop or expand rope rescue knowledge and skills. Topics include safety, equipment, rappelling, pick-offs, litter evacuations, patient packaging, improvised high anchor points, and organizing the response. More than 240 illustrations and photos take you step-by-step through lowering and raising systems, mechanical advantage, and rappel based rescues.
What’s in the 5th Edition?
- Terminal Learning Objectives and Enabling Learning Objectives added to each chapter
- New chapter on life safety equipment testing
- Enlarged step-by-step illustrations in the Rope Access chapter
- Updated testing of knot efficiency
- Tests of contamination on polyester ropes added – full ITRS report
- Updated discussions of main/belay and twin-tension systems
- Revised techniques for belaying with the MPD
- User information for the new 3D descent control device
- Now 384 pages
Printed in the USA on FSC certified paper.
Click here for blank sheets of the T-Method practice found on pages 349-350 of Revised Fifth Edition of the CMC Rope Rescue Manual. Click here for the answers!
About Our Selection of Books
We have compiled an outstanding selection of books on rescue. However, there is no substitute for proper training and time in the field for gaining the skills needed to provide safe and effective emergency assistance.
Please Note: CMC recognizes that there are many different techniques in rescue. While our book selection reflects the leading authorities and most popular texts, as with all publications, recent developments in equipment and practices may not be included.